Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happens!

Ever wondered what you would do, when something that you least expect to happen and even worse, least wish to see it happen, happens!?

Scene 1: A couple years ago. Poor me. 5:00 pm. Monday. Walking from University to home. Was'nt feeling well, decide to bunk class that evening as only three of my senses were in proper working condition. The rest had taken a day off without prior notice. I was living with two other guys that time and our relationship with each other was not different from any other desi clan. Typical stuff. When I reached home, I just wanted to fling myself on the bed and wake up two days later. I managed to open the door of the apartment. The postman had slided the letters beneath the door as usual, but this time there was a girls T-Shirt as well with them. What!? Surprised, I picked the letters and lifted my head to see my roomie and his girl in compromising positions. Thankfully beneath the blanket. I silently freaked out and said "Sorry, mujhe itne jaldi vaapas aane ka koi irada nahi tha!" (Sorry, I was'nt planning on returning this early!). Oops.. Wrong (also long) sentence at wrong time (also place). How dumb could have anyone been!? I ran in to the restroom in the pretext of cleaning up and came back a good half-hour later to just see my roomie. Alone. But still in bed. After a few minutes of not-so-comfortable silence, he says "Saala, kisi ko bataya naa, maar kayega" (If you tell anyone, you will get hit). Darn. Yeah right. Anyways, that was the last day I ever went home before 9:00 pm. And closed doors give me the shrieks!

Scene 2: Things changed after that. I had different roomies now. All of them were single. Relieved me. No uncomfortable moments for a year now. Except for the one when I walked into a live figure painting class at University, mistaking it for my classroom. 100 eyes peering at me, and before they knew anything I was outta there. Darn, I forgot to knock again. But it was not that bad. There were other public as well. Not bad. Until a few nights later, when I opened my lab with the keys to see another desi junior and his girl doing some unmentionables. Me thinking to myself - At School!?. It was in the wee hours of the night. But still. Closed doors give me the shrieks, and I forget that!

The above two incidents are my responses to people at work, who make me a laughing stock everyday, for knocking on my cabin door (which I share with another person) every time during the day before I walk-in. These damn doors are freaking everywhere. And most of the them, most of the time, remain closed! At work, at school, at home, at wherever. Closed doors still continue to give me the shrieks!

23 Comments:

Blogger Thanu said...

Tie on the door knob works like a charm everytime...(thats what ppl say)

12:09 AM  
Blogger cutefreaky said...

I think it is a good habit to knock the doors and I see no harm in doing that ignoring the ppl laughing at you. YOu could always defend yourself that you like to be polite and mannered :-)

tata
sukku

1:36 AM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

raasiye sari illa pola irukke!!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ramses said...

ragasiyamai ragasiyamai;)!
knock-ed out and down luck!paavam ningo!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Me said...

rotfl...

10:40 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

oh my! it must have been so awkward!

lol.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@thanu: haha.. but desis dont seem to follow that :)

@sukku: thats what i have been saying all thro..

@kuttichuvaru: welcome.. yes yes.. :(

@ramses: ungal anudhabathukku enadhu nanri :)

@me: ok ok..

@still: he he.. tell me abt it..

10:37 AM  
Blogger Whoosh 2 said...

maamu.. unakku "kanni raasi" da.. ;)

11:18 AM  
Blogger cutefreaky said...

@ whoosh.. IDHUKKU PER KANNI RAASI ILLAI.,. KANKAATCHI RAASI ;-)

tata
sukku

1:26 PM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@whoosh: idhu "raasi"ye kedaiyadhu phirstu..

@sukku: nalla peru vekkereenge ellam

8:40 PM  
Blogger awakeningcoma said...

i Think the problem is bcos of the presence of doors so find a cabin without doors, eppadi

11:49 PM  
Blogger radiantbear said...

lol dude. Had a harty laugh at your post, I've been thorugh such moments.. Well I live in a hostel so.. my roomies dont mess around, or I shud say they dont mess around.

Once this collegemate calls me and ask me be there at my appartment in the evening 4 sharp...
I go there and after half an hour of knocking the locked door it opens, he in his undercolthes telling me that it was not the right moment... and that he had forgotten to call me back.. but I did notice something right next to the door. I knew what was up.

And ofcourse we did have out laughs back in hostel.!!

and dude.. even ure own Cabin you knock??? wo

5:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ticket selavu micham-nu sandhosha padunga :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@awakeningcoma: wow.. gud suggestion.. but they wud allow so at work-place..

@nanyaar?: seems it happens everywhere.. yeah.. i knock at my cabin too :)

@praveen: haha.. appadi than manase thethikkanum

@chennaipages: amam.. idhe dhan appadi solluvange.. inspirationa h?? idhulle irundhu enna inspiration irukke mudiyum !?

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jagan said...

ha ha .. am laughing hard machi ...
danks for tht ..especially on a day when everything seems to go wrong :-)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@jagan: dangsu.. dangsu..

3:22 PM  
Blogger Anck su Namun said...

Why dont people lock the door from inside ? ;-)
Even I hesitate for a moment to open a closed door.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@anck su namun: ha ha.. as a matter of fact they do.. but ppl who walk in always have the keys ;-)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Smugam said...

Freeavudu mame ...if people involved arnt ashamed y shud u be ...??

11:21 AM  
Blogger DreamClicks said...

Oops!! Anyways, that was hilarious... wonder how ur face was then?! :P *kadavulae kaduvulae*

8:57 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@shivshankar: welcome here; ashamed ellam illai :)

@dreamvendor: ha ha.. something similar to that..

12:54 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Hehehee that would have been so weird though u should be scared of lonely alleys at hostels as well - haunts for couples ;)

3:32 AM  
Blogger Eclectic Blogger said...

@visit akka: yes, it was weird enuff.. i never stayed in hostels, so me got spared ;-)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home